Your wedding day represents the commitment and joining of two people. This single day is also utterly individual and entirely unique for each couple. But when the to-do list starts spreading and the days until “I do” start flying by, the stress of “How do I make our wedding unique?” may become overwhelming, to say the least. Hopefully these tips will help increase that unique factor!
- Pull a costume change. Every bride has secretly dreamed of the beautiful gown that she’ll wed her true love in, maybe even accompanied by sky-high heels. The groom will be cloaked in a tuxedo. But who says the bride must wear white? If you’re feeling daring, there are plenty of other colors in the rainbow to experiment with, even for the groom. Some couples may also undergo a complete costume change after the ceremony!
- Consider renting a photo booth. These secluded photography sessions allow the guests to indulge in the spontaneous and hilarious, especially if the booth is outfitted with props. All About You Entertainment is currently hosting a free 3-hour photo booth rental contest; tell us about your romantic engagement story and enter to win!
- If the budget allows, hire a wedding coordinator. Planning a wedding is a lot of work, especially if you have a full-time job or other responsibilities. For those brides who want to be knee-deep in all the action, there are day-of coordinators, who help with setting up schedules for the big “day of.” There are also wedding coordinators who take the metaphorical reigns and help you pull off the wedding of your dream. The benefit of hiring a wedding coordinator would be the contacts (maybe she has a good business relationship with your cake designer) and the potential for new, unique ideas that you might not have thought of, from a stunning stage to personalized place card cookies.
- Hire child care (like a babysitter or two) for the younger guests. Children can be the life of a party, with their cute dance moves, but they’ll tire quickly. So as not to have a mass exodus of parents who need to tend to tired children or relieve their individual babysitters, consider setting up a room near your reception with snacks, games, and maybe a portable DVD player for the tykes to doze while their parents enjoy the party.
- Personalize the entertainment. Everyone knows that the music is super important to not only the wedding ceremony but also the after party. You probably already know what you want your first song to be, and you may have a general idea of the music that you and your soon-to-be-spouse want to play during the reception. The DJ would take it one step further by creating a set list and then managing that responsibility all night long; basically, it’s one less thing that you need to think about on your big day!
- Set up mass transportation for guests. Out of town guests will really appreciate a shuttle to and from all the festivities. You can also match the transportation to fit you and your fiancée’s theme by picking unique buses, playing music, or decorating the outside of the vehicles with cute signs.
No matter how you decide to make your day unique, All About You Entertainment is here to help so be sure to explore our full range of services to see what fits your needs!